Sayed Mohsin Reza
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
School of Science, Engineering, and Technology
Pennsylvania State University Harrisburg
E-mail: smrezaiit (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Dr. Sayed Reza earned his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). Prior to his Ph.D., he completed an internship as a Full Stack Software Developer at Pupptech Inc, USA. He obtained his master’s degree from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) and bachelor’s degree from Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh.
His PhD. degree research was the development of machine learning approaches for better software maintenance. His undergraduate research work was on the development of Peer-to-Peer Review Management System aiming at improving the submission & review system. Currently, this project is used for educational purposes by many international conferences & journals at http://www.proconf.org/.
My main research areas are Machine learning, Data Science, Software Engineering and Software Quality. The goal of my research is to develop novel algorithms to solve problems from these areas while respecting the underlying problem structures and presenting with scalable platforms that can handle massive, heterogeneous data-sets. My current research projects are on the following fields:
- Machine learning, Data Science, Deep Learning
- Multi-label learning, Classifier builder, Association Mining
- Forecasting behavior time analysis
- Software Quality Management
- Software Quality Analysis, Dataset Creation
- Classification of code quality using ML techniques
- Forecasting future software quality behavior
News on my work
NSF Grant: Coding Like a UTEP Data Miner: NSF Grant Helps Bring Next-Generation Computing to High School Students
Principal Investigators: Dr. Justice, Dr. Omar, Dr. Amanda
Sayed Reza, Ph.D. Student in Computer Science is working with Dr. Omar and Dr. Justice Walker to leverage data mining techniques to bring next-generation computer science education to teachers and students in the Paso del Norte region.[ News ]
Grant (Nuba Solutions) UTEP Computer Science Receives Grant to Conduct Advanced Software Analysis
Principal Investigator: Dr. Omar
Sayed Reza, Ph.D. Student in Computer Science working with Dr. Omar conducts statistic code analysis on open source repositories to analyze large segments of industrial software codes and develop tools & techniques to improve software quality.[ News ]
- The human in model-driven engineering loop: A case study on integrating handwritten code in model-driven engineering repositories in Wiley Journal of Software Practice & Experience 2021.
- ModelMine: A Tool to Facilitate Mining Models from Open Source Repositories in MODELS 2020.
- Behavioral analysis of turbulent exhale flows in IEEE BHI 2018. [ Best Paper Award ]
Academic Volunteer Activities
- Reviewer in International Conference on Big Data, IoT and Machine Learning (BIM 2021)
- Reviewer in International Conference on Science and Contemporary Technologies (ICSCT 2021)
- Mentor, Research Experience for undergraduates, University of Texas at El Paso , 2020
- Web Co-Chair, IEEE WIECON-ECE 2015 Conference